Monday, November 26, 2007

Cause Baby It's Cold Outside!

Well, finally a little bit of chilly weather here in the desert! The Christmas tree is up and the Christmas music playing loud and clear! Some favorites are Ella Fitzgerald and Lous Armstrong singing, "Baby It's Cold Outside," Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, and Whitney Houston all have great Christmas albums, and I love the Sovereign Grace "Savior" Album.
I have always loved the holidays, but having kids adds so much more excitement to them. We were leaving Costco the other night and it was the first time we really felt cold going to the car. So I looked at Abby and said, "Yeah, it is Christmas time!" She looked at me with a big smile and said, "Yeah, Christmas time!" It wasn't until we got home that I realized there was some confusion. We pulled into the driveway and Abby starts crying and screaming, "No, go to Christmas!" She thought Christmas was a place. So, how do we explain holiday? And even more, a holiday season? And much more than that, the meaning of Christmas? Kids bring such a different angle to life! So Jason drove around the neighborhood and showed Abby all of the Christmas lights and did his best to explain. When we got home, we put up the Christmas tree and somehow, some completely unknown way, she associated Christmas with Superman! Don't ask, I don't have a clue! So it took even more explaining to get her to stop calling it the Superman tree. What a cute kid!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

"superman tree" - haha! so cute! :)