Friday, November 16, 2007

Is that the fire alarm I hear!

Yes, it is true, I set off the fire alarm in our house last night. You see, I have this love-hate relationship with our newly purchased wok! I love using it, I love the food, it is cheap, easy to clean up, and veggies taste great in it. But, it spits at me and burns my arms, and, when I cook the meat, smoke comes up like crazy! It is actually a humbling experience because, this tends to happen much more for me with the wok than for Jason! So last night, I am trying a new recipe, I cover the steak in cornstarch, put a little oil in the wok, toss the meat in, and smoke filled the kitchen and the family room and the fire alarm begins to roar! I don't know, it baffles me, any thoughts? Please, feel free to send me any thoughts! Well, here is a picture of one of my fav meals in the wok! Yes, it is quite yummy, but is it worth it?

No comments: