Sunday, August 16, 2009

Road Trip Home: Third Stop

After Michigan we drove a couple of hours to a suburb outside of Chicago to visit another lovely part of my family! My dad's sister Kathy and my Uncle Chris and my cousins Ben and Maggie. Again, we had a great time! They took us to this great local children's museum the first day and to Zoo the next. The girls had a blast! We had a great time making and sharing meals together and talking till late at night. My Aunt Kathy is another self-made historian in the family and has kept great tabs on my Grandpa's side of the family. We spent hours talking about our history and scouring photo journals. My sweet grandmother died when I was a toddler and it was so good to hear stories about her and look at some of her beautiful photographs. Thank you so much Uncle Chris and Aunt Kathy for such a WONDERFUL time! I hope it is not to long till we can come again soon!
From Chicago, my parents flew the girls home with 10 suitcases, a BIG carseat, and a Ginormous double stroller! Talk about servants! This allowed Jason and I to drive the rest of the way home by ourselves!

The Children's Museum:









The Zoo:






1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Part of me is glad we had the boys with us for that long drive to AZ, but more of me wishes I had put at LEAST Ronan on a plane. I was frazzled by the end of the trip! What a blessing your parents took the girls with them! Wow.