Sunday, August 16, 2009

Road Trip Home: First Stop

We had a pretty sweet deal for our road trip home. We packed our minivan all the way up to the front seats, so there was obviously no room for passengers. My parents rented a minivan and took the girls with them in their car. We broke up the trip into three and four hour drives for the first couple of days with the kids. Our first real stop was in Michigan. Part of Jason's childhood was in Livonia and I have family an hour away in Battle Creek. My parents drove to Battle Creek with the girls and Jason and I got a night to ourselves in Livonia. He showed me his elementary, junior high, and high schools. I saw his houses and where his church used to be. The best part was meeting old family friends of his, the Carnes. They let us stay with them and it was a blast getting to know them. Chuck was this great mix of selflessness and hilarity! From lighting this cotton fluff on fire in his grass, to shooting me with this homemade marshmallow gun, to hearing great stories about how he and his wife Linda truly served and loved his family.
Unfortunately, I somehow didn't get a picture of Linda, but here is Chuck!



Jason's High School Football Team

No comments: