When all was said and done...
- Abby was a real trooper! What we didn't find out till later and would have been helpful to know earlier was that the medicines she was on had some real side effects. They made her very wakeful and significantly affected her temperament. Considering all, she really did do well!
- We are SO THANKFUL for all the ways in which people served us. Back home, our families and our home church would have taken total care of us. And yet, God chose for this to happen across the country at a new church with people we have only built with for two weeks. He was faithful! The Schiel family was a HUGE blessing! They took Katie without a moment's hesitation. They didn't have any directions about her, her schedule, what things she would need from home. They just picked her up and figured it all out on their own. Their borrowed a pack-n-play from a neighbor and I still don't really know what they did without a highchair! They kept her both nights and took very good care of her. THANK YOU! The Ricuccis also spent most of Thursday night with us, brought us dinner at the hospital, and were constantly checking in and caring for us. Thank you for how you cared for our souls! Amanda, another PC wife, brought us dinner when we came home and we are still eating it for lunch! Thank you for caring for us! Plus we had lots of people praying for us and sending us encouraging emails. The great part is that I look at all of these examples and specifically see how God took care of us!
- God was near and God was active! There are many ways in which Jason and I desire to grow and change. For me, I really want my life to be less about me and more about my great Savior! I want to see life through the lens of the gospel. God is answering this prayer for me, slowly but surely, and probably for the rest of life here on Earth, but He is answering! He uniquely allowed me to see His activity through this little adventure! I can look back and see so many details that really were Him putting things into place to care for us, provide for us, and sanctify us. I truly believe that this was no mere random accident. God has ordained it and He has done it for our good!
Now for some pictures. I didn't take pictures until the very end when she was all happy to leave the hospital. We had picked up Katie earlier that morning and so leaving the hospital was a family affair.
Abby was pretty excited to be going home!
Her hospital room
The playroom
Abby and Katie were so excited to see each other. Abby gave Katie a big hug and said, "Katie! I am so happy to see you!"
Abby showed her the fish tank!
As Katie was sprinting down the hallways away from me, we were counting our blessings that she wasn't the one hospitalized!
This was the device to pay attention to during our little stay. This little piece of tape held something that was able to measure her blood oxygen levels. Isn't modern medicine incredible!
Her Lambies took good care of her!
There is a Krispy Kreme right across from the hospital. It is just like the one that used to be by Arizona Mills. It has the conveyer belt and the drive thru. I had to bring Abby a little treat the morning we left. Let's just say we all enjoyed it!
Well, that was our little hospital experience! Hopefully never to be repeated! But we walk in faith!
11 comments:
I am so glad Katie is back home. Wow! What an experience.
I'm sorry you were sick Abi! I have a stuffy nose. being sick is no fun. so glad God healed you! bye.
eva
Wow, scary times! I am so glad God provided medical care for Abby as well as support for you and Jason!
How scary! I am so glad to hear that Abby is back home and that she is fine.
So glad she's doing better! We miss you!
so thankful she's back home! Glad to hear of all the ways the Lord met you!
whoops! I meant Abby.
Wow, Tiff! What an ordeal... you are an example of a mom who walks in faith, looking for ways that God was near to you! As always, I am encouraged by you! So glad Abby is doing better, and that her greeting for Katie is like the sweetest thing ever :~)
Glad to hear that everything is getting back to "normal" and that you had such great support.
So thankful that Abby is better and that there were people available to help you guys. Your church family is happy to serve you guys in any way, anytime. Please let us know if we can ever be of help.
God Bless!
Leigh and Dallas
My poor niece. What an ordeal, as always you trust in our savior and wait patiently on him. He blessed you all every step of the way. Sorry we are so far away we couldn't come and sit with you and give her tons of kisses. We all felt helpless here in az but knew you were in good hands. We miss you guys so much but are glad you have such wonderful godly people to care for you and love you in time of need. Give abby and katie love from aunt tracy.
Post a Comment