As a sidenote, I have no intention for this blog to turn into some kind of politics blog. I have no real credibility for that! But I have posted about two issues I care a lot about. Two issues that came up this week in AZ government. So, for an update, the good news is that the marriage amendment was voted on again and it passed! It will be on this November ballot! Praise God! For the bad news, the Governor vetoed the Partial-Birth Abortion ban this week. This makes the tenth pro-child, pro-woman, pro-life bill that she has vetoed during her time as Governor. Though trusting in a Sovereign God, this is very sad!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Why Politics?
So, I have never posted about politics or issues of government before on this here little blog of mine. Why now? The past few years, Jason has had the absolute pleasure to serve the Alliance Defense Fund by playing music for worship for several of their events. Also, through my Dad's contribution, we had the pleasure to attend a Center for Arizona Policy dinner a while back. Having a chance to sit and listen to both of these honorable organizations has taught me a lot and spurred a lot of self-reflection and question asking. Jason and I had the chance to attend an ADF banquet last week and we had a great conversation at our table about current issues and the role of a christian citizen. I have thought a lot about how I know next to nothing, about how much all this stuff affects me, my family, my church, and our future. So, for me, I have found the easiest way to stay informed is to be on the email lists for ADF and CAP. I am so thankful for these organizations and how they faithfully serve our Great Sovereign God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment