Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Their Nurseries were Pink and Blue!

I have been meaning to post about this for quite some time.  A while back we had a care group leader's wives breakfast at church.  I am sorry to say that I don't even really remember the exact content that we were discussing that morning, but there was one comment that I will never forget.  One of the women who had elementary aged children made a comment about perspective for mothers with young children.  She said (not verbatim), "Sometimes, for perspective, I walk into my girl's room and look at their bright pink walls and remember that someday, not too far away, these walls will be painted a neutral color and their beds will be replaced with a guest bed.  It helps me to remember to cherish this short, short season that God has blessed me with."  Oh, even typing this brings tears to my eyes!  Since that morning, I have wanted to post about what their nurseries looked like.  Now that we have moved, this post has even more meaning.  So, for memories sake, their nurseries were pink and blue!

Welcome to Abby's room:  








Welcome to Katie's room:








My precious girls, I LOVE YOU! Lord, I pray, help me to cherish each moment of this blessed season!

No comments: