Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Vacationing in Laguna CA

Jason has had the pleasure of serving an outstanding organization called the Alliance Defense Fund the past few years by leading worship at some of their conferences. Granted it is not hard to serve in this context! It is one of those "pinch yourself to see if it is real" type circumstances. He leads worship before their morning session and they pay for our stay. He is done by early morning and we have the rest of the day to have a free family vacation! This year it was in Laguna, CA at a gorgeous beachfront resort called Surf and Sand. We had an oceanfront room that was also right by the pool. To say the least, we had a great time.
My favorite part of the trip was probably getting Abby and Mommy time. Jason would stay in the room and prepare songs while Katie took her morning nap. This provided Abby and I with two hours of "just us" time. We went shopping or swimming everyday. Although I love the two kid world, I loved having some one-on-one time with my cute-pants that simply grows-up much too fast.
Another great memory was watching Abby and Daddy on the beach. One of my first and fondest memories of the beach was when I was about 3 years old and my family was vacationing in Hawaii. My Daddy played on the beach with me and dug what seemed like the most enormous hole. Then he built little sand castles on the upper edge. I remember standing in the hole and it went up to my head. It seemed so amazing and was so much fun! Well, Jason did just the same with Abby. They worked together to build a hole deeper than she was tall. She thought this was sooo fun! I sat back and watched and was just so thankful for the amazing men God has put in my life!
Katie couldn't have been cuter in little swimsuit. She looked so CHUNKY! You just wanted kiss all her little roles. Thanks to Becky for letting us borrow Bella's suit. I just hope she didn't stretch it out! Katie loved to sit in the cool breeze and watch all that was going on around her. She wasn't too fond of the sand though! Before I know it, these two girls will be chasing each other up and down the beach! Oh how sweet life is!





No comments: