Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Vacation in the White Mountains

We were able to spend a few days at the Cabin this year after Christmas. It was wonderful! Slow-paced, relaxing, cold, fires, hot chocolate, movies, family. Then... we got snowed in. Goodness, I don't know what the final inch count was, but where we were, there was at least 2 feet in like 48 hours. It just snowed, and snowed, and snowed. I think we would have enjoyed it more, if Jason wasn't supposed to be home to preach that Sunday. So, to say the lease, it was an adventure getting home. Our preferred way was closed and there was a really long roundabout way, and there was going through the Salt River Canyon where ice was reported. We tried the roundabout way, that didn't work and we had to turn around. We were left with going through the canyon. Let's just say we were praying much of the way! God protected us and brought us through without incident! Ah, but I would have loved to play in that snow a little longer! It was really quite nice! Especially with hot chocolate and a roaring fire.
First, love this! Anyone who knows Abby and Kate, know they couldn't be more opposite! I got Kate this alphabet puzzle that fits into a butterfly. She got kind of frustrated with it and quit. Abby got really into it. After she did the first half, Katie was intrigued again and wanted a turn. I came back to find this. Katie's version of finishing the puzzle. Love it!
We tried to do a little photo opp with the girls. Let's just say Emily wasn't playing along. Here was the best one.


Emily is obviously a desert rat along with the rest of us. She wasn't into the cold!
My man making french toast for breakfast!
When the big snow storm came, I tried to take the camera outside. It lasted all of 5 minutes. This was the best face I could get! Kind of cute!
They were so frozen, all they wanted to do was climb under the ottoman in their fuzzy socks and watch TV.
And have some hot chocolate!


Jason trying to shovel out the driveway so we could get out! Poor guy, he was out there forever!

Love, love, love the cabin! So thankful for such a great place to make memories!

No comments: