Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Harvest Days!

Here at the PC, we have worked our schedule to have a family day on Mondays. I love it! There is definitely not a shortage of things to see and places to go. This past Monday we went to Butler's Orchard for their pumpkin harvest day. Butler's Orchard is usually not open on Mondays, so this was Jason's first visit. The weather that day was so cold and so windy! We are still learning to bundle everyone up! The good part about it being cold was that there was hardly anyone there! Admission was only $6 a person, great for families on tight budgets! It included a really good sized pumpkin and two apples from the farm. There were tons of play houses for the kids to play in, a two-story castle, picture spots, three enormous slides, a barn filled with hay to jump in, and tractor hay rides. It was a blast! The best part was the slides at the top of the hill. These slides were definitely nothing to scoff at! You barreled down these steep, slippery slides on potato sacks! At first, we sent Abby down by herself. That wasn't the best of ideas! When we went down with them, they thought it was the best thing ever! I was really proud of the girls, even Katie wasn't afraid! I guess they still have that belief that they are invincible in Daddy and Mommy's arms! We'll tell them later! After the slides we went into the barn and the girls had a great time climbing and jumping off of the hay barrels. We probably spent the most time in there because our bodies needed some serious thawing out! After we had all that we could take, we headed home for lunch. We ate hot grilled cheese sandwiches with hot tomato soup and hot chocolate! He He! Praise the Lord for more great memories!













4 comments:

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Oh, Tiff! That looks like so much fun!!! I am so glad that you are getting to make all these memories!

Dude, I want to go down that slide! :~)

tara said...

So fun! I love seeing you guys all bundled up... meanwhile I'm still wearing shorts and tanks :-)

Gotta catch up with you soon!

Tracy said...

Wow, the girls are getting so big. Katie's hair is so LONG! Tiff you guys will remember this year for the rest of your lives. What great pictures and I love the one of Abby by herself. It will be on my blog soon. People ask me how you all are doing. I can't wait until Christmas to see you all. Love you tons!!

Melissa Goins said...

SOOOO adorable!! I love your sweet family! :)

By the way, it was wonderful finally getting to chat w/ you at the ladies mtg (Carolyn Mahaney mtg. at CLC). So grateful you're here this year. Thanks for your faithful encouragement!!