Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pastor's Conference 2009

In my efforts to catch up, I can't miss my very first Sovereign Grace Pastor's Conference! Everything about the conference was great! The messages were all so good! Personally, I was most affected by Jared Mellinger's message on passing on the gospel to the next generation. He specifically addressed motherhood and I was greatly encouraged and freshly inspired. Jason too was moved, affected, inspired, and motivated by all the messages and workshops. We are so thankful for God's call on Jason's life and for this unbelievable family of churches that we have the honor to be a part of!
We were also so refreshed to have our team of pastor's and a few of their wives, who are also our dear friends, here for a few days. I couldn't tell what I was more excited about, the conference or being with these special, special people! I can't believe that we get to go home and serve with them. We so love them and our precious church!
This post is also a little timely, because today, my close friend Tara is moving with her family to Peoria, Arizona where they will be planting a church. It has been so faith-building to watch this all come to pass and we praise God with them on this special day! Although our hearts our bursting with excitement and joy for all that God is going to do and how he is going to use them, we definitely feel that bittersweetness. But, hey, it is only an hour away. That's not so bad! Meet you at the zoo? I love you Tara! You are so dear to me!
Lory, Tara, and Me

1 comment:

tara said...

thanks friend :) missing you. can't wait till you are only an hour away!