Seven years! I can't believe it! Time truly does fly so fast! Jason planned a wonderful day for us to celebrate! He emailed me the night before and told me to be ready for family day the next day by 8am. Well that was my first clue that something was fishy, because I have never been ready with the kids by 8am! The next morning, Jason snuck out while I was blow drying my hair and went to pick up Mariah and Christian to babysit. The Slack family is just a whole other story! I have met few people who love to serve like them! Anyways, I was stoked! A whole day with my hubby to explore the city! We took the Metro down by the Zoo, which is this really cute and quaint part of town. He had found a locally acclaimed breakfast place that was delicious! If you ever want breakfast in DC, you should try it. They had this indoor outdoor patio and we got a table right by the window with the little flower bed. I had an amazing chai tea and we talked about, well everything, for two hours! I loved it!



Next we headed down towards the National Mall. Jason had just finished
Manhunt, about John Wilkes Booth, and so he wanted to go back to the Ford's Theatre one more time. It was really interesting listening to him tell me all of the extra details of the infamous day. Jason and I both love the theater and have mentioned several times how we would love to actually see a production in Ford's Theatre. But we never really found the right play at the right time. Well, the day we were there, they were offering free showings of this two man production about the day that Lincoln died. Perfect! It was actually really good, much better than we were expecting for a free performance. This was definitely a highlight from the day.
Our next stop was the Library of Congress. It was one place I hadn't seen yet and wanted to just pop in. You can only get in to the main reading room if you register for research. I am trying to convince Jason to go down there and study for a day. Wouldn't that be awesome!
To finish the day, we grabbed a mid-afternoon lunch at a great Mexican food place right off the mall.
I am overwhelmed by the goodness of God to give me this man! He loves God more than anything and I have been truly blessed to follow him these past seven years! I love you!
2 comments:
Keith and I are so thankful for you and Jason, and the work God has done in your marriage over the past 7 years! What a blessing you guys have been to us, as you have helped us and spurred us on in our own marriage by your compelling example! We love you guys! :~)
Happy Anniversary! I still remember being HUGE singing in your wedding :) Love you guys! Can't wait till you get home!
Post a Comment