Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Vacation Part 2

For the second half of our Christmas vacation...
The day after Christmas we went spent the whole day with Jason's family. We had a blast! The girls ran around and around and around with their cousins, Jason and John got in a lot of video games, and the girls chatted in the kitchen. Gary unfortunately had to work most of the day and we certainly missed his company. I am so blessed to have the in-laws that I do! I sincerely cherish each one of them and am so thankful to be a part of their family!
Abby and the girls giggling on the couch while watching movies

The lone soldier in a sea of girls!

Do you see the smile? I managed to break the concentration for a slight moment! Jason hasn't played video games in months, so this was a special treat for him.

Somehow, I didn't get any pictures of anyone else this day. But we had a marvelous day and a fantastic dinner! Thanks for giving us your whole day!
The Sunday after Christmas, Jason preached for the first time at Sovereign Grace. I may be biased :), but it was wonderful! I was so proud of him! Especially because I know how much work he put into it and how reverently he treated God's word. Great job love! Jason's Dad and his Grandma drove down from California for the day to see Jason preach. It was such a pleasure to have them there and then to spend some time with Jason's Grandma after church.
Jason with his Grandma Marcella and his dad Paul

Grandpa and Great Grandma, otherwise known as GG, with some of the little ones

The second week of our vacation was spent with lots and lots of hangout time. And much to my disappointment, I didn't get any pictures! Oooo lesson learned! We had fabulous evenings spent with Carrie and Keith, Chris and Tara, and Jon and Lory. Jason got to spend an afternoon with Jeremy, I got to spend a morning with my beautiful sister, we spent New Year's Eve with John and Jessica, New Year's Day with my parents, I got to go running 3 or 4 times with Tiffany, it was good to be home! There was so much else we wanted to do, but time was not our friend.
One photo I do have, which is super cute, is of Katie and Ellie. Cute friends huh! Ellie is about 3 weeks older than Katie. They love each other!

On Monday night, Chris and Tara were so kind to organize a night at their house where we could meet several of the singles in the singles group. It was great to get to know some of them and certainly built even more excitement in our hearts about coming home. Can't wait to get to know all of you!
Friday night was a special night. Tara's Surprise 30th Birthday Party!!!! That was a blast! The highlight was the encouragement time as person after person shared evidences of God's grace in Tara and how He has used her to further the gospel. Tara is so special to me, a dear friend, and it was an honor to encourage her that evening! I love you Tara and am SO GLAD to have been there for your 30th!


It was so, so good to be home! Thank you all for a wonderful welcome home! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

tara said...

it was so good to have you home :) That's the first picture I've seen from my party! Fun times.

Miss you!