Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crazy Deal Fanatic!

It is official!  I have become a crazy deal fanatic!  But, I have to admit, it is a lot of fun!  I go to CVS at least once or twice a week and get stuff for crazy cheap!  I went yesterday and got 2 things of Tide detergent, 3 packages of Huggies, 2 more packs for batteries, 2 tubes of Maybelline lip gloss, and a tube of Dora toothpaste.  It was $71 total and I got it for $30!  The most exciting part is more that we really have seen our grocery budget decrease!  I am learning a lot about meal planning on a budget, comparison shopping, and looking for deals.  More than CVS, I was thrilled to go to the grocery store for a quick run and get $18 worth of food for $11 after coupons!  I have been really surprised how much money you can save through coupons, rebates, rewards programs, and just looking for deals.  I guess every lit bit counts!
So for today's deal...
Old Navy was offering great doorbuster sales today.  Thermals for $5, and Sweaters for $10 and $15.  I have needed some warm tops so I was into this.  The best part was that the first 50 customers in the store were each given 4 free movie tickets!  I was in for sure!  So I called my friend Hannah and we got the kids up at 7am and headed to the store, PJs and all!  I got some great clothes and 2 date nights of movies for Christmas Break!  Fabulous, absolutely fabulous!
Of course we stopped by CVS on the way home and I spent $5 for $46 worth of stuff!  Then we went to Trader Joe's for some Pizza fixins!  Mmmm dinner time is soon!  Miss you all back home and we will be there a week from tomorrow!

5 comments:

CarrieLovesKeith said...

That is SO great, Tiff! Thanks for introducing me to all this... I went to Fry's yesterday, and spent $21, and saved $27! I was SO excited! I still haven't been brave enough yet for CVS, but soon! :~)

I think it's great how much joy you are getting out of serving your family like this, and how you have been excited about stewarding your money well! What an example!

Amy said...

I love deals too but my favorite part is that you "got the kids up at 7". We just don't have that problem around here. Trey is up at 7 your time! :)

Aunt Sio said...

Could you post a CVS for dummies workshop. It sounds very interesting but confusing. What is the website that you use again?

Rachael Boer said...

We haven't met but I've been browsing around your blog and saw that you are a CVSer too! I love saving money there - I have been using slickdeals.net and stretching our dollars as far as they will go with coupons and ExtraCare Bucks. Glad your year at the PC is going well - hopefully we will meet sometime at church before your year there is out.
-Rachael Boer (Ken Boer's wife - Ken is music director at CLC)
www.theboers.blogspot.com

Cristina said...

I apologize for the intrussion in your blog. I could not help myself when I saw the title of your post! Your friend asks for the website you use for the CVS-ing, I am not sure that you use the same one but this one has a great explanation of how it all works : http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

On the right side, she has a sidebar with a title CVS 101 - check it out. I have been able to get some awesome penny deals there... by following her strategies... Have fun! By the way, Tiffany, you have a beautiful family. Never had a chance to meet your girls. Congratulations.