Friday, July 11, 2008

More Random Memories from our Week at the Cabin

Have I mentioned how much I love my parent's cabin!  We had such a relaxing fun family vacation.  This is kind of a random post of memories from the week.  
First off, I have successfully acquired the sweet tooth from my dear father!  As was common when I was growing up, Dad had an itch to bake brownies!  With a little De Ja Vu, I took some pics of Papa baking brownies with Abby.  Katie had no hesitation jumping in there for a few licks of batter!



With the monsoon season here, the weather was perfect!  In fact, there were several times that we were downright cold.  In the morning I would wake up, put on fleece pants, a sweatshirt, grab a blanket, and go read my Bible on the back porch.  With a hot cup of coffee of course!  The cold weather also afforded some great chilly walks around the neighborhood.  I, of course being the greatest planner of all time, brought no warm clothes for the girls.  So we bundled them up in our jackets and sweatshirts.  Another photo opportunity!  These girls are just outrageously cute!


Another perk to the cabin is that my parents belong to the country club up there.  So, Jason can play golf and we can eat all the good food!  There Sunday brunch is fabulous!  The spread consists of everything wonderful about breakfast!  Since we love breakfast, this is always a highlight.  A family picture at the Sunday brunch.

Sometimes you can just tell when your little one goes through a developmental jump. Katie definitely did this week. All of a sudden she started talking and interacting in a different and older way. Her favorite word this week was "dog" and we heard it about a zillion times. She also got more and more involved in the ever longed for sibling rivalry. The usual was that she would plant herself right in front of the TV, watch, and point at everything she saw. This was one of Abby's favorite things! Poor Abby, but it was actually pretty funny!

Thankfully, along with rivalry were some very sweet, loving, sisterly moments. They really do love, enjoy, and care for one another! When we were cleaning the house and getting ready to leave, Jason turned the TV on for the girls. A few minutes later I went to make sure they were both still there. I only saw Abby so I went searching for Katie. I couldn't find her anywhere. Right when I was about to freak out, this is what I found...

Isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen! Katie was totally curled up in Abby's lap and Abby was stroking her back! How fun it is to have two little girls!
No stories for these pictures, just a lot of cuteness!








Isn't God so good!

3 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

What a sweet post. It's so cool to watch siblings really start to interact. And I LOVE their matching shirts. I'm such a sucker for kids matching... :)

Amy said...

It is awesome to see your kids care for eachother..I get to see that...RARELY...with two boys:).

Theresa said...

Tiffany! It's Theresa Caruso! I found your blog through Amy. Your girls are adorable! We have two boys...you can catch them at web.mac.com/tlcaruso in your "spare time." haha... Take care!