Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When I went running this morning I saw this...


A Coyote seriously ran right by me! I totally freaked out! I knew right away that it wasn't a dog, but I didn't really know what it was. I came home and told Jason and he said it was a coyote. He actually said he saw it when he was running at the local track. I googled coyote and soon found out that they weren't a threat to humans. But, I will admit that the thought of mace did cross my mind! Mace for wildlife, who would have thought!

3 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

That would scare me too. GOod to know that they aren't a threat to humans.

Andrea said...

well, at least in a couple weeks the only wildlife you'll have to be looking out for are rabbits and squirrels!

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

Although Coyotes are native to the southwest, they thrive on living around humans and have thus spread across most of the US. I've seen one in my in-laws backyard in Missouri and I'm pretty sure they are on the east coast too. Hopefully this is your last run-in with them...