Friday, July 4, 2008

Cool Mountain Air and the Fourth of July

My parents have a cabin in the White Mountains of Arizona.  Oh!  I love it!  One of my favorite places!  It is cozy, cool, the smell of pine trees, breath of fresh air, and nothing to do but sleep, eat, read, play with the kids, go on walks, and watch movies.  I am so thankful to have this special place where we can continue to build lots of family memories!  This week we were able to come up with my parents for the holiday.  It is scorching hot in the valley and we are enjoying mid-70 degree weather.  It has even been a little rainy.  It is too bad the whole going to work thing is essential, because I could stay her a lot longer!

I was into matching outfits this week.  We went to the country club for lunch and I put the girls in matching pink polo shirts and khaki shorts.  So cute!!  
A big highlight for us each year is the Fourth of July at the country club.  They go all out and have a big grill out with relay races, water balloon tosses, petting zoos, bouncy castles, face painting, fishing contests, and more.  It is so much fun!  It is totally a small town picnic!  The only problem was when the storm came with thunder and lightning and they had to shut most of it down.  Thankfully for us this happened about 2pm and we had already participated in most of it.  

Let's just say that Katie loved the watermelon!  Here was her going at it!
As usual, Abby loved the sweets!  She was enjoying her fudgesicle!
Daddy and Abby were enjoying the bouncy castles and slides!


Just because we had to leave the golf course because of the rain, didn't mean we didn't enjoy it!  We let the girls play in the rain on the back deck and they thought it was so much fun!


Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

The pic of Katie eating watermelon is hilarious! So adorable.

Amy said...

How is it that right when I get a hold of you you are leaving? Well, praise God for being able to go anyway. That's something that has been in the works for a long time, huh? Your girls are beautiful and look like both of you! Abby like Jason and Katie like you, I'm sure you've heard this a million times.

Tiffany said...

Oh Amy it so good to hear from you! We are leaving soon, the 2nd week of August, but we will be coming back. Jason is going to at least serve his internship at the gilbert church. I would love to see you before we leave though. Maybe a bunch of us can get together? I looked at your blog and your boys are soooo cute! I would love to meet them!