Friday, December 28, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

With 4 Christmas parties, 2 weddings, a children's ministry CD, holidays spent with lots of family, and all the other festivities, we have been busy, busy, busy.  It feels like we haven't stopped since, uh, I don't even remember when!  The month of December especially has thrown me for a loop!  Thus, why I haven't been blogging!  It may take me a while to catch up!  
As for some quick notes of interest:
Amish Friendship Bread- Summer, a friend from church, gave me a starter mix for Amish Friendship Bread at the end of November.  You mush the bag for 5 days, add ingredients on the 5th day, mush it some more for 5 more days and bake on Day 10.  Before you bake it, you make 4 starter mixes with one-cup of batter to give out to friends.  Hence, "friendship bread." Well, the bread was GREAT!  So I decided to keep all four starter mixes and make them for Christmas gifts!  After my Amish Bread craze, I had made 20 loaves of bread, eaten more than I should, and gave out 14 Christmas gifts complete with a loaf of bread, a starter mix, and directions.  It was fun, but I just had to stop the insanity!  So, I disposed of all of the starter mixes I had left.  I sure hope it comes my way again sometime!
Weddings!: We had the pleasure of attending two very special weddings this month. Congratulations to Nate and Danielle Hernandez and Jeff and Ruth McFadden!  Nate and Danielle are basically adopted family.  When Nate was in high school, he needed a place to live and my sister and her husband took him in.  He came to know the Lord soon after and has been such a joy to have in the family!  We were so thrilled to see him marry a beautiful and godly girl and can't wait to see all that the Lord has for you two!  As for Jeff, Jason was actually his junior high leader at a church here in the valley!  After a long courtship, he too has married a beautiful and godly woman, and we have the pleasure of having them join our small group at church.  We pray that God would bless both of your marriages and use them to further His kingdom!

No comments: