Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate!


My little Katie turns two today! I can't believe it! She is still my little chubby-love, although she is starting to slim down. The other day I was changing her diaper and realized that she no longer had any rolls on her legs! Ah! I was so sad! I took pictures of her arms and wrists so that I could remember her cute chubbiness! Her hair is soft, brown, and curly. I love the curls and the short little ringlets on the back of her head. It is kind of at that awkward stage where it always looks disheveled. I love it though! She is loud, active, loves to run around, climb things, loves to laugh, be tickled, be chased, play hide-n-seek and duck duck goose, loves to cuddle (especially with Mommy), loves her blanket and still sucks on her finger.
She definitely doesn't hide any of her feelings, she lays it all out on the table! You never have to wonder what she is thinking or feeling! I like to say that she is passionate and committed! One of her greatest strengths as well as her weakness. I love this about her though. She is passionate about sin, passionate about play, and passionate about love! Jason and I were talking the other day about how God might use this in her life.
She is also talking a lot. For some reason, she says things in twos. "Milk, Milk" or "Abby, Abby" or "Want it, Want it" or really pretty much everything. Unless she is composing a sentence. Which she is doing more and more of. Her little memory cracks me up. I took her and Abby to see Cordurouy the other day at Barnes & Noble. Let's just say, they prefer to read about him! For days afterwards, Katie would start telling me, "Cordurouy? Want it, want it! (which means that she doesn't want it) Hug, hug. Want it, want it!"
She loves babies! Her favorite baby is Case Wassink. When they come over she loves on him, gives him oodles of kisses, dangles toys for him, wants to hold him, lets us know every time he cries, spits up, drops a toy, or any other small thing. But she also notices every other baby or stroller in her eyesight. I have to keep an eye on her or she will run over and start kissing on them! It is really sweet!
Katie, we can't imagine life without you! You are so precious to this family! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jordan Family said...

Happy B-day Katie! Love your friends Sydney, Noah & Lizzy

Tracy said...

Awwww! Katie bug is 2!! Time has flown by. So fast you will be home soon.. But before that I wil be there with you all in 8 days!!!! You have no idea how excited I am. I miss Kate and Abby so much. I miss my sister beyond words. You too Jason!! We cant wait to hang out as familes again in person and have swim days and sleepovers and see your amazing and precious family in church again. Kate is 2 and soon Abby will be 4. You'll be home for that one though. Big party I'm sure. Well Tiff, Kiss the chubbykins for me and I will see you in a few days!! D.C. Here I come... Love you all