Friday, November 21, 2008

Pinching Pennies

So part of the reason that I have been absent from the blog world for so long is because I have been reading a bunch of stuff on how to save money on our grocery budget. On the recommendations of a couple of friends out here, I have begun frequenting this awesome new website. The "money saving mom" has basically the same family as I do, married with two little girls, and so I have been inspired by her $40/week grocery budget. Yeah, I know, seems impossible! Especially when you consider that that includes toiletries, cleaning products, and diapers! I am not aiming for that number just yet, but anywhere close would be just dandy! I am also attempting the whole CVS thing that my friends, this website, and a bazillion other websites all talk about. I was pretty excited today when I went to CVS and bought $25 worth of Duracell batteries and only paid $2.26 and got $15 back in their Extra Care Bucks! I have a whole new appreciation for these coupon clippers! After the girl's nap, I am headed off to a triple coupon sale to see what great deals I can find. I already know that I can get Kraft salad dressing for $1/bottle. Then maybe I will have enough time to go to Target and get some free coffee! This bargain shopping thing is pretty fun! I also bought the money saving mom's ebook, Supermarket Savings 101, and am trying to apply the principles in how I plan meals for my family. I would also recommend this CVS related website.

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Good for you! That's great. I have found that clipping coupons and price matching at Walmart (and I really don't like Walmart) can save a ton. I've looked at the site you've referenced but haven't tried her strategies (and probably should!!!)

shari said...

Whoa! That is great! I need to hook up with you. I've been doing ok but not this good and I could sure use the batteries. Way to go Tiffany. :)