Saturday, March 1, 2008

Random Post #2

Since my random post from yesterday was cut short by a squealing kid, I will finish the rest today. Jason's family has lived here now for about 5 months and we really haven't seen them as much as we would like. It has been a fairly sick winter and it seems like we have been spending more time keeping the kids apart, much to all of our displeasure! So after about 2 months of separation, crazy I know, Jessica and I took all the girls to the zoo. Poor Justin caught another cold and stayed home with Gram. We had a great time and the kids loved being together.
Someone here loves the giraffes! Can you tell which one?


This was Katie most of the time. She wasn't too happy about missing her morning nap! Although, she did get the flu that night! Maybe she wasn't feeling too hot.

Jessica the teacher! She does a great job on the educational side of these trips!

This is my favorite exhibit at the zoo! I just love this little orangutan family. Isn't baby Kasih so cute!

Keeping with the random thing...
I just love the funny things kids do! I snapped this shot the other day when Abby walked out in my tennis shoes and her Mr. Potato head glasses!

I was shocked the other day when Abby could put this little 25 piece puzzle together! She loves to sit at the kitchen table and put her Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh puzzles together. She rarely has to ask for help. I may be slightly biased, but way to go my little smart pants!

Katie seems to be learning something new everyday! I need to post a video of all of her little tricks. Her clap, her dance, her kisses, her peek-a-boo, they're all so cute! She loves to play with Abby. Even though she pulls Abby's hair and pulls on her shirt to stand-up, and constantly steals whatever it is Abby is playing with, Abby surely loves her little sister. She loves to make her laugh, loves to bring her toys and pick up things that she drops. She loves to give her kisses and hugs and tell her that she loves her. She is even quick to point out evidences of grace in her sister's life! If I forget to praise Katie for obeying something that I have said, Abby is super quick to say, "Mommy, Katie obeyed!" To which we then doubly congratulate her! Another cute sister moment happened the other day when Katie was pulling at my leg and I told her that I could not play with her right then. As I was walking away, I heard Abby say, "Katie, you can play with me!" They're so precious!


And so goes more everyday happenings in my beautiful little family!

No comments: