We had a great room with a great view. It sat up on a cliff and looked out into the ocean. It was beautiful! I loved sitting out there in the quiet of the morning, watching the waves roll in, and reflecting on the amazing creativity of our great God!
The view from our patio.


Our room was up on this cliff. But it was only about a 2 minute walk down to the beach.

Since the girls are still so little, we spent a lot of time in the swimming pool. It was perfect because there was a pool area with a snack bar right on the beach. Papa quickly got designated as Abby's swim partner and swam with her practically every morning! It was so cute! Abby was a bundle of energy that would not stop and she wore her Papa out!
A cute picture of Daddy and Abby swimming!

The grassy area around this beachside pool was quite the hotspot for us. We spent many hours laying out, reading books, and chasing Abby. A couple of times, Abby would curl up in a lawn chair next to me and read her books. Have I mentioned yet how cute she is! Poor Katie, she was always sleeping during these times!



Grandma bought Abby this adorable hula skirt and flower headband.


Snorkeling! Jason and I rented snorkeling gear to snorkel in the bay. We both love to snorkel and had so much fun! We saw lots of beautiful corral and reef life, lots of tropical fish, an octopus, and a sea turtle!


Sunsets in Maui are extraordinarily beautiful! This was just one more time that I would sit and think about God's beautiful creation! One night, Jason, the girls, and I took a walk around the resort and went down to the beach for the sunset. Just before sunset, a guy dressed in island attire ( I don't know how else to put it), runs along the beach and lights a line of torches. The lit torches on the beach are so beautiful!





Front Street in Lahaina is one of my favorite places on Maui. It is a little shopping and restaurant strip that runs along the coast. Of course, I love it because Kimo's is there along with Hula Pie, but I also love the character and ambience of it.
Here is the whole gang taking a day to shop and eat on Front Street.

There is a famous tree on Front Street called the Banyan Tree. It looks like a little park, but it is in fact one giant tree that has sprouted to form all these other "trees."

When Katie was on the beach or at the pool, she was quite cute! I love all of her chubby rolls! Especially in a swimsuit!


Uncle Dee and Aunt Sharon, and some friends of theirs, happened to be on Maui at the same time as us. This is my Grandmother's sister and her husband. So we got a chance to meet them for dinner one night. It was great to see them and to catch up. And of course, it was great to eat at Kimo's again!

The Plantation House! So I have mentioned Kimo's a lot, but, The Plantation House is a fantastic restaurant and one of our favorites! It is kind of the big treat for the week and we ate their for my parent's anniversary. It is seated up high on the golf course and all in one view you get the beautiful hills, the golf course, and the ocean. It is breathtaking! And the food, oh my the food! I'll just say, it is really good! Jason took a walk with Katie while we waited for the food. He got some good pictures!



I am missing some pictures that my mom took. Pictures of sand castles, pool time, and other fun stuff. I hope to post them soon. But all this to say, we had a great time and made some great memories! Thank you love for working hard to give this to me! I am so thankful for you and so glad I got to share my favorite place with you!
1 comment:
what great pictures! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time! I love the shots of abby.
Post a Comment